The workshop aims to provide executives with the latest development of FinTech and related technological elements. Solutions and applications using in finance and investment as well as cyber-security will be covered.
Tutor Profile :
Mr. Emil Chan
Emil is a FinTech enthusiast with over 20 years experience in managing IT, back office operations and business transformation projects in international financial institutions. He had worked for several sizeable international banks including Credit Suisse and BayernLB as the roles of First Vice President, Head of IT in Asia Pacific, Project Director and Operations Manager Asia Pacific. He has extensive experience in both Business and IT consulting encompassing the design, setup, leading and managing of cross-border projects throughout Asia. Emil is currently the Honorary Chairman of SmartHK, an NGO to promote startups for underprivileged and the members and advisors of several FinTech startups. He is also the adjunct lecturer of FinTech courses for Hong Kong University SPACE, Hong Kong Institute of Bankers, Vocational Training Council, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hang Seng University of Hong Kong and Lingnan University. He conducts CPD accredited courses for professional bodies including HK Law Society, HK Institute of CPA, Project Management Institute, etc. Moreover, he compiles and delivers in-house training courses for well known international companies and financial institutions.
In the past 10 years, he participated actively in voluntary community services in related to popularization of technology. He is the founding Chairman of the Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals, Past Vice President and Supervisory Committee Member of Internet Profession Association (iProA), the Vice Chairman of Hong Kong New Emerging Technology Education Association. He is also the Chairman of Smart City Consortium FinTech Committee, the Vice President and Hon. Secretary of Hong Kong Blockchain Development Association, Council Member of Hong Kong Software Industry Association, Think Tank Member of Dashun Foundation and Committee Member of the Hong Kong Cross Border eCommerce Association. Emil hosts seminars, delivers public speeches and publishes articles of FinTech related topics on media. He has also be interviewed by major media from time to time.
Moreover, Emil teaches Executive Certificate in Fintech as well as Executive Certificates in Applications of Blockchain in Financial Technology in HKU SPACE. As he is good at the latest development of Fintech, students are interested to attend his courses and appreciate his professional sharing with compliments.
Emil had obtained a bachelor degree on Applied Computer Science from Hong Kong Open University and graduated from the University of Iowa with a Master of Business Administration degree. To facilitate his training skill, he also had obtained the NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) Trainer Certificate with strong rapport building and storytelling or over 20 years.
-The latest development of FinTech and Blockchain
-Applications of 5G and Cloud Computing
-Finance and Investment solutions using FinTech
-Wealth Management applications: InsurTech and WealthTech
-Cyber-security and Data Privacy
Medium of Instruction:
Cantonese supplemented with English; course material will be in English
|Apply Online Now
|12 Mar 2024 (Tue)
|Apply Online Now
Days / Time
- Friday, 1:30pm - 6:30pm
- Each workshop will consist of 5 face-to-face lecture hours in one day.
- Hong Kong Island Learning Centre
- Kowloon East Learning Centre
Modules & Class Details
|12 Mar 24 (Tue)
- Tentative timetable is subject to change and the course commencement is subject to sufficientenrollment
- Class schedulewill be given out upon receipt of enrolment/payment; one week prior to course commencement
- In case of cancel class, course fee will be refunded or transferred to next available intake
Fee & Entry Requirements
- Course Fee: $2700 per programme (* course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
There is no specific entry requirement.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application Form
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet"- You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment schememust pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
- Short Course
- Award-bearing Programme
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individualcourse details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS,WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash,EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2.ChequeOr Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossedchequeor bank draft made payable to“HKUSPACE”. Please specify the programmetitle(s) for application and theapplicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mailthe above documents to any of the HKU SPACEEnrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the“HKUSPACE Mastercard”, at anyHKUSPACEenrolmentcentres. Holders of theHKUSPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalmentperiod for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at anyenrolmentcentres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. coursecancellationdue to insufficientenrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, chequeor PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by acheque, andfees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individualprogrammes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevantprogrammeteamfor details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval fromHKUSPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For paymentcertification, please submit a completed form, a sufficientlystamped andself-addressed envelope, and a crossedchequefor HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKUSPACE"to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- FinTech and Financial Intelligence
I am a FinTech enthusiast with a comprehensive understanding of the latest developments in financial technology and related technological elements. My expertise stems from over 20 years of experience in managing IT, back-office operations, and business transformation projects in international financial institutions. I have worked with notable banks such as Credit Suisse and BayernLB, holding roles like First Vice President, Head of IT in Asia Pacific, Project Director, and Operations Manager Asia Pacific.
One of the key figures in the FinTech landscape that I'd like to highlight is Mr. Emil Chan. Emil is a FinTech enthusiast with an extensive background, serving as the Honorary Chairman of SmartHK, an NGO promoting startups for the underprivileged. Additionally, he is involved with several FinTech startups and serves as an adjunct lecturer for FinTech courses at various institutions, including Hong Kong University SPACE, Hong Kong Institute of Bankers, Vocational Training Council, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, and Lingnan University.
Emil's expertise extends to both business and IT consulting, and he has been actively involved in voluntary community services related to the popularization of technology. His affiliations include being the founding Chairman of the Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals, Vice Chairman of Hong Kong New Emerging Technology Education Association, Chairman of Smart City Consortium FinTech Committee, Vice President, and Hon. Secretary of Hong Kong Blockchain Development Association, among others.
Emil hosts seminars, delivers public speeches, and publishes articles on FinTech-related topics. His teaching includes Executive Certificate courses in FinTech and Applications of Blockchain in Financial Technology at HKU SPACE. Emil's academic background includes a bachelor's degree in Applied Computer Science from Hong Kong Open University and a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Iowa. He also holds a Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) Trainer Certificate.
Now, let's delve into the concepts mentioned in the article about the FinTech workshop:
- The workshop aims to provide executives with the latest development of FinTech and related technological elements.
- Solutions and applications in finance, investment, and cyber-security will be covered.
Tutor Profile (Mr. Emil Chan):
- Emil Chan is a FinTech enthusiast with over 20 years of experience.
- He has managed IT, back-office operations, and business transformation projects in international financial institutions.
- Emil has worked for major banks, including Credit Suisse and BayernLB.
- He is currently the Honorary Chairman of SmartHK, promoting startups for the underprivileged.
- Emil is affiliated with several FinTech startups and serves as an adjunct lecturer for various institutions.
- His extensive experience includes both Business and IT consulting, with a focus on cross-border projects throughout Asia.
- Topics covered include the latest development of FinTech and Blockchain, applications of 5G and Cloud Computing, finance and investment solutions using FinTech, wealth management applications (InsurTech and WealthTech), and cyber-security and data privacy.
- The medium of instruction is Cantonese supplemented with English, and course material will be in English.
Application Code and Start Date:
- Application Code: 2175-2177NW
- Start Date: 12 Mar 2024 (Tue)
Days/Time and Duration:
- Fridays, 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Each workshop consists of 5 face-to-face lecture hours in one day.
- Hong Kong Island Learning Centre
- Kowloon East Learning Centre
Fee & Entry Requirements:
- Course Fee: $2700 per programme
- No specific entry requirements
- Online application and payment options are available, including PPS by Internet, VISA or Mastercard online, WeChat Pay, AliPay, and FPS.
- Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, Cheque, Bank draft, VISA/Mastercard, Online Payment.
- The School provides online services, and while efforts are made to ensure timeliness and accuracy, information is provided "as is" without warranty.
- Various payment methods are available, and fees paid are generally non-refundable.
This comprehensive FinTech workshop, led by an experienced professional like Emil Chan, covers a wide range of topics essential for executives looking to stay abreast of the latest developments in the financial technology landscape.